Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fa-La-La-La

Don't you love Christmas music?
I know I do. What other type of music do you hear in every store you walk into that is practially screaming to gospel of Christ? In any other form, the gospel is forbidden, but when it is called a "Christmas Song" then we can play it in any public place. I adore it!
My favorite Christmas song is Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, the words are so beautiful, so I thought I'd post them.
When you read these lyrics, really think about what they mean, and the fact that Jessica Simpson, Jump5 and many other secular artists sing this song on their christmas albums.

Hark the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled"
Joyful, all ye nations rise
Join the triumph of the skies
With the angelic host proclaim:
"Christ is born in Bethlehem"
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Christ by highest heav'n adored
Christ the everlasting Lord!
Late in time behold Him come
Offspring of a Virgin's womb
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
Hail the incarnate Deity
Pleased as man with man to dwell
Jesus, our Emmanuel

Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth

Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

LOVE it. I was just saying that the other day! You are so right!! :) And the words are so beautiful and pure. :) More so than say, "Clumsy", not sayin' I'm not lovin' that!! BUT, so great! Right on little sweet Emma!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey, Emily. You come by the love of Christmas music honestly your grandpa loved it as does your father.zthere is something that stirs your heart as you sing and hear those tributes in song. Just one more thing I'll have a blue Janurary without you....DAD

Emily said...

awwww dad...:'( me too...
Yeah, I ♥ Christmas music, and I won't change the station no matter how many times Abby begs me...;)