Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, an acrostic...not poem..just an acrostic of things I am thankful to God for.

T: Teachers. My mom for the five million things shes taught me, my sisters for teaching me the facts of life, Daniel for teaching me how to be respectful, my awesome teachers at DACC, and all of my friends who teach me huge life lessons.

H: Home. For Having a home that I love to be in, that I truly cherish, and where great memories are made.

A:Abby. My best friend. She knows me the very very best and yet she still love me.

N:Nature. God has shared with us as humans the beauty of his handiwork, from the falling leaves with their vibrant colors, to the intricate snowflakes, to the beautiful flowers, to the warm summer sunshine.

K:Kin. My Family that I couldn't be more thankful for, and for those who seem like they must be family, and for the family of God of which I am so glad I am apart.

S:Sacrifice. From those who sacrifice daily for my benefit, for He who made the ultimate sacrifice for my sinful state.

G:Gladness. That I am glad in the Lord, and that I can come to him in praise and thanksgiving. The emotion of gladness is easily discarded, but what a beautiful and wonderful thing it is to be happy in the Lord!

I:Illinois. Yes. I am thankful for the endless rows of corn, for the huge farms, for Alyssa and how she lives so close, for our church here, for the Steak n' Shake, for Mike's Chill, for the Danville mall, but mostly for the endless sweet memories made in this state.

V:Victory. Everyday God offers me victory over sin. Sometimes I accept it, sometimes I don't but it's there just the same.

I:Intellect. For things I have learned, things I will learn, and things I need to relearn.

N:Nostalgia. For contemplating memories, and remembering moments in time with a veiw of how it has benefited me.

G:Grace. Daily grace to live according to God's will for my life. One day at a time. No more or less. Each little test, I overcome with his grace, and move on to the next.

Thank you heavenly father for your awesome goodness to me. You shower me with blessings beyond my greatest hopes. I praise your name for eternity. Amen.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is a picture of Cede from this fall....I am VERY thankful for her!

4 comments:

The Murray Crew said...

Em - I loved this post so much that I copied it on our blog! Hope you don't mind....You're a sweet girl and I wish that I would have had THAT much faith at your age!
Jen
www.murraycrew.blogspot.com

Gretchen said...

Em, that's so cool that Jen copied you!

David and Sharon said...

Emily,
It is neat to see how God is very real to you. It is evident that you are loving Him more with each passing day. We will be in prayer for you as you head off to Boyce and wait on the Lord for His direction. Please now we read your blog occasionally and will be praying!

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I just love ya! You are the sweetest, and can I say that you are the best. Such a postitive babe. Not one of those haters who would rather die than be thankful for the "danville mall"
!!!!!!!

Love you!!! Anna